XY stage (MCU28) and observer

nkjerry
Hello All
    I have a problem to control MCU28 and Zeiss Observer via micro-manager, and I wonder whether anybody can help me to figure out. The Zeiss observer has been added by Zeiss CAN29 adapter, when I tried to add XY-stage and it said that 'NO XYStage installed on the Zeiss microscope.". I found XYStage (MCU 28), but it is under ZeissCan for Zeiss Axiovert 200M.
    Here is my connection:
    PC Serial port >>> Observer RS232
    Observer >>>> MCU CAN-BUS
    Thanks you again, Zulin

Re: XY stage (MCU28) and observer

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hello nkjerry,

>    I have a problem to control MCU28 and Zeiss Observer via micro-manager, and I wonder whether anybody can help me to figure out. The Zeiss observer has been added by Zeiss CAN29 adapter, when I tried to add XY-stage and it said that 'NO XYStage installed on the Zeiss microscope.". I found XYStage (MCU 28), but it is under ZeissCan for Zeiss Axiovert 200M.

>    Here is my connection:
>    PC Serial port >>> Observer RS232
>    Observer >>>> MCU CAN-BUS

That seems an odd configuration.  Did you try adding the MCU28 anyways (i.e. going through the same serial port)?

Alternatively, does the MCU28 control box have a serial connector that you could connect to the computer directly?

Re: XY stage (MCU28) and observer

nkjerry
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: XY stage (MCU28) and observer

nkjerry
Hello Nico
   I just tried to connect MCU 28 to computer via serial port, but it didn't work.
   There are 4 ports at the back side of Observer, if I want to connect MUCH 28 (cam port) to Observer, which one I should connect? Or it doesn't matter?
   Thanks a lot, Zulin ObserverBack.jpg

Re: XY stage (MCU28) and observer

ed@esimaging.co.uk
nkjerry wrote
Hello Nico
   I just tried to connect MCU 28 to computer via serial port, but it didn't work.
   There are 4 ports at the back side of Observer, if I want to connect MUCH 28 (cam port) to Observer, which one I should connect? Or it doesn't matter?
   Thanks a lot, Zulin ObserverBack.jpg
Hi,

I can't help but notice that the ports highlighted in the image are not 9 pin rs232 ports. Is the cable that's plugged in a serial cable?

Ed

Re: XY stage (MCU28) and observer

nkjerry
This post was updated on .
Sorry - I made a mistake on my previous post.

In the picture, there are 5 ports on Observer back panel - one 9 pin port and four 15 pin ports.

At my first try, I connected 9 pin port to computer via RS232, and MCU 28 CAN (15 pin) to Observer (one of the four ports). Micromanager can recognize Observer via Zeiss CAN 29, but I have problem to add XYStage to the system. I can't add MCU 28 via Zeiss Can either, because I have to initialize a microscope (Aixovert 200M) first before adding any component.

At second try, I fellow Nico's suggestion, connect MCU 28 to computer directly via RS232 (MCU has multiple ports, one 9 pin, others are CAN interface) but same issue - I have to initialize a microscope first (Axiovert).

I do appreciate any suggestion,  Zulin