Zeiss Axioplan2

Ali-8
Hi,

I'm trying to set up an Axioplan2 microscope which uses the CAN bus and
not the CAN29. Using the hardware configuration wizard I can seem to get
most things working as I am told there is sucess and I can make the
halogen lamp turn on and off which seems to be set as a shutter. I
cannot seem to make the xy stages work and did not see a ZeissCANXYstage
in the hardware configuration wizard although there was for the CAN29
(which didn't work). Does anyone have this system working or know a way
forward for me?

Thanks

Ali

Re: [micro-manager-general] Zeiss Axioplan2

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Ali,

> I'm trying to set up an Axioplan2 microscope which uses the CAN bus
> and
> not the CAN29. Using the hardware configuration wizard I can seem to
> get
> most things working as I am told there is sucess and I can make the
> halogen lamp turn on and off which seems to be set as a shutter. I
> cannot seem to make the xy stages work and did not see a
> ZeissCANXYstage
> in the hardware configuration wizard although there was for the CAN29
> (which didn't work). Does anyone have this system working or know a
> way
> forward for me?

You are correct that Micro-manager does not support ZeissCAN XY
stages.  Someone will need add the code to the ZeissCAN device adapter
to make it work.  It is not a big project for someone with some X++
experience and access to the equipment.

Re: [micro-manager-general] Zeiss Axioplan2

acm28

Thanks. I know nothing of x++ myself so shall have to just keep an eye
on things. I found the manual with serial commands so think I shall
have to script directly for my raster scanning in Matlab.

Thanks again

Ali

Nico Stuurman wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
>> I'm trying to set up an Axioplan2 microscope which uses the CAN bus  and
>> not the CAN29. Using the hardware configuration wizard I can seem to  get
>> most things working as I am told there is sucess and I can make the
>> halogen lamp turn on and off which seems to be set as a shutter. I
>> cannot seem to make the xy stages work and did not see a  ZeissCANXYstage
>> in the hardware configuration wizard although there was for the CAN29
>> (which didn't work). Does anyone have this system working or know a  way
>> forward for me?
>
> You are correct that Micro-manager does not support ZeissCAN XY
> stages.  Someone will need add the code to the ZeissCAN device
> adapter  to make it work.  It is not a big project for someone with
> some X++  experience and access to the equipment.
>
> Best,
>
> Nico

Re: [micro-manager-general] Zeiss Axioplan2

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Ali,

> Thanks. I know nothing of x++ myself so shall have to just keep an eye
> on things. I found the manual with serial commands so think I shall
> have to script directly for my raster scanning in Matlab.

That should have been C++ (instead of X++), sorry for the typo.  Also,
I can not find any documentation for an XY-stage controlled through
the CAN bus.  If the stage has a serial command set, there is a chance
that it is actually a repackaged stage from another vendor that might
already be controllable by Micro-Manager.  If you can, please send me
(off-list) a copy of the serial commands.