Zeiss HXP 120

Simon Ketterer-2
Hi all,

A fluorescent illuminator HXP 120 C by Zeiss is connected
to our Zeiss Axio Observer Z1. However, I couldn't find any
device support for this illuminator, nor in the subcategory
folder Zeiss. (Micromanager version 1.4.10)

Did anyone already deal with this issue? If not, what would
you suggest me to do?

Best wishes,
Simon

Re: Zeiss HXP 120

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Simon,

> A fluorescent illuminator HXP 120 C by Zeiss is connected to our Zeiss Axio Observer Z1. However, I couldn't find any device support for this illuminator, nor in the subcategory folder Zeiss. (Micromanager version 1.4.10)

> Did anyone already deal with this issue? If not, what would you suggest me to do?

You are the first to request support for this device.  The Zeiss CAN29 protocol is very nice and allows me to add devices like this by adding only a few lines of code.  A HXP shutter device should be include in either tonight or tomorrow's nightly build.  Please let me know if it works for you.  If it does not, please generate a Trouble Report (under the Help menu).

Re: Zeiss HXP 120

Simon Ketterer
Hi Nico,

many thanks for the inclusion of the HXP lamp to the supported devices, it's working well now!

Best wishes,
Simon

Re: Zeiss HXP 120

LukasHehn

I also have an HXP 120 C that I would like to control, but it is connected
directly to the computer, not to a Zeiss Microscope. Therefore, when I try
to add the ZeissHXPShutter in the device manager it gives me the error
message "this shutter is not installed in this zeiss microscope"

Is there any workaround for this or any other way to control this lamp
shutter?

thanks,

Lukas