Zooming Improvement

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi All,

I did some improvements in image zooming functionality on image window.
New zooming works like how zoom works on google maps with respect to mouse position with out resizing the image window. This functionality has changes in MM side as well as corresponding ImageJ source code. I would like to push these changes for the community. Would you be able to allow it?

--
Best Regards,
Mahesh Kakuturu

Re: Zooming Improvement

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Mahesh,

On 10/4/17 12:49 PM, Mahesh Kakuturu wrote:
> I did some improvements in image zooming functionality on image window.
> New zooming works like how zoom works on google maps with respect to
> mouse position with out resizing the image window. This functionality
> has changes in MM side as well as corresponding ImageJ source code. I
> would like to push these changes for the community. Would you be able
> to allow it?

I agree that the current zooming behavior is not very optimal.  Are your
changes for 1.4 or 2.0?

I do not like the idea to start using a patched version of ImageJ, so if
you are serious about it, you should first try to get your patches for
ImageJ accepted by Wayne Rasband (see ImageJ mailing list).  Hopefully,
your changes are useful for all ImageJ users.

Re: Zooming Improvement

Mahesh Kakuturu
Hi Nico,

My changes are on 1.4 code base. I will definitely contact ImageJ list to see their interest on applying my patches.