agilent MLC on windows 10

Jeff Spector
Greetings,
 We've got quite a few older systems running on Win 7. Our IT department told us we need to upgrade them to Windows 10. I think most of our hardware will run fine in windows 10, but we have an Agilent MLC 400B laser launch that was a bit tricky to get working, but now it works great. Is anyone using one of these under windows 10? With the end of life for Win7 coming up soon, is there a reference somewhere about hardware that will not work in Win10? It might be useful for labs in our situation going forward, or does everything work in Win10 that worked in Win7?
Thanks
 -Jeff

Re: agilent MLC on windows 10

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Jeff
>  We've got quite a few older systems running on Win 7. Our IT
> department told us we need to upgrade them to Windows 10. I think most
> of our hardware will run fine in windows 10, but we have an Agilent
> MLC 400B laser launch that was a bit tricky to get working, but now it
> works great. Is anyone using one of these under windows 10? With the
> end of life for Win7 coming up soon, is there a reference somewhere
> about hardware that will not work in Win10? It might be useful for
> labs in our situation going forward, or does everything work in Win10
> that worked in Win7?

We have one of those, and I upgraded the computer to Windows 10 last
week.  It was remarkably easy to get it to work again (turned out that I
no longer needed to install anything, it just worked;). During the
upgrade, most of the work went into renaming the COM ports so that they
had the same name as on the old (Windows 7) computer.  After that, the
old config files worked without a problem.  Even managed to copy over
the 2.0-gamma user profiles. Nice to have a new, fast computer running
the system.