autofocus from script panel

Cordelia Berz
Hi,

We'd like to use the software-based autofocus such as JAF(TB) from the
script panel. We've tried using mmc.fullFocus(), but we get an error message
saying "run-time error. Error (code 43)".
How can you autofocus from within the script panel? Is mmc.fullFocus() the
right function to use?

Thank you,
Cordelia

Re: autofocus from script panel

Lukas Lang
Hi Cordelia,

In our scripts, we are using
mm.getAutofocusManager().getAutofocusMethod().fullFocus() to call the
currently selected autofocus plugin. (The function you are calling attempts
to call a C++ based autofocus algorithm)

Hope this helps,

Best,
Lukas Lang

Cordelia Berz wrote

> Hi,
>
> We'd like to use the software-based autofocus such as JAF(TB) from the
> script panel. We've tried using mmc.fullFocus(), but we get an error
> message
> saying "run-time error. Error (code 43)".
> How can you autofocus from within the script panel? Is mmc.fullFocus() the
> right function to use?
>
> Thank you,
> Cordelia
>

> --
> Sent from: http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/

Re: autofocus from script panel

centswu
Hi Cordelia,

You can try
mm.getAutofocusManager().getAutofocusMethod().fullFocus();

Cents

Cordelia Berz <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月2日 週四 下午6:01寫道:
Hi,

We'd like to use the software-based autofocus such as JAF(TB) from the
script panel. We've tried using mmc.fullFocus(), but we get an error message
saying "run-time error. Error (code 43)".
How can you autofocus from within the script panel? Is mmc.fullFocus() the
right function to use?

Thank you,
Cordelia

Re: autofocus from script panel

Cordelia Berz
Hi Cents,

Thank you very much for your reply!

We've actually tried
mm.getAutofocusManager().getAutofocusMethod().fullFocus() in the meantime.
The problem is, though, that you cannot use fullFocus() during a sequence
acquisition.

Do you know whether it's possible to autofocus during a sequence
acquisition? If so, what function do you need to use?

Best wishes,

Cordelia

PS: I've also tried pausing the acquisition using
mm.acquisitions().setPause(true). However, this method seems not to be
working for sequence acquisitions.

Re: autofocus from script panel

centswu
Hi  Cordelia,

I have no experience to do autofocus during acquisition.
Maybe you can try "Multi-D Acq." -> "Autofocus"

Cents

Cordelia Berz <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月8日 週三 下午2:53寫道: