change camera property

Tsengming Chou
see attached corelog.txt
get error message while trying to change the camera mirror tanspose
direction.  it said it prohibit to change the core property.

thanks,

Alex

CoreLog.txt (15K) Download Attachment

Re: change camera property

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Alex,

> see attached corelog.txt

I take this to mean that you OptiScan controller now works?  Please let us know, we need the feedback.

> get error message while trying to change the camera mirror tanspose
> direction.  it said it prohibit to change the core property.

Can you send us your configuration file?  Are you changing the TransPoseMirrorX property in the Device Browser or do you have a configuration group defined that includes this property?

In any case, unless you are interested setting up defined directionality (see: http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/Overview ), this property is not going to do anything useful for you.

Re: change camera property

Tsengming Chou
Nico,

Yes.  The stage controller works using the latest nightly build:)
Thanks a lot.

see attached configuration file.  I was trying to use the device
browser to change the camera property that alter the mirror transponse
direction.  This is described on the on-line instruction regarding to
interacte with the stage if the moving direction was incorrect.

Every time, I made the modification and trying to exit the program, I
got a message that prevent the save of the changes.

Alex

Nico Stuurman wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>> see attached corelog.txt
>
>I take this to mean that you OptiScan controller now works?  Please let
us know, we need the feedback.

>> get error message while trying to change the camera mirror tanspose
>> direction.  it said it prohibit to change the core property.
>
>Can you send us your configuration file?  Are you changing the
TransPoseMirrorX property in the Device Browser or do you have a
configuration group defined that includes this property?

>In any case, unless you are interested setting up defined
directionality (see:
http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/Overview ), this
property is not going to do anything useful for you.

>Best,
>
>Nico

>Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
>A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and
easy
>Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
>http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

MMConfig_sensicam.cfg (3K) Download Attachment

Re: change camera property

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Alex,

> see attached configuration file.  I was trying to use the device
> browser to change the camera property that alter the mirror transponse
> direction.  This is described on the on-line instruction regarding to
> interacte with the stage if the moving direction was incorrect.

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish?  Why do you
care which direction the stage moves?

> Every time, I made the modification and trying to exit the program, I
> got a message that prevent the save of the changes.

How do you make these changes?  Do you try to create a new
configuration group that sets these?  If so, can you save (using the
Save button in the top right of the main window) before quitting?

I can not reproduce the problem, so please explain in detail what
steps you follow to generate the error.

Re: change camera property

Tsengming Chou

Just trying to set up the stage moves the same direction if I use
kyboard or mouse to interacte with the stage movement in MM live
imaging.  currently, it moves toward to the opposite direction if I
click right-arrow key on key board!

attached txt is the step I try to use and the error I got.

Alex

Nico Stuurman wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>> see attached configuration file.  I was trying to use the device
>> browser to change the camera property that alter the mirror transponse
>> direction.  This is described on the on-line instruction regarding to
>> interacte with the stage if the moving direction was incorrect.
>
>Could you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish?  Why do you
>care which direction the stage moves?
>
>> Every time, I made the modification and trying to exit the program, I
>> got a message that prevent the save of the changes.
>
>How do you make these changes?  Do you try to create a new
>configuration group that sets these?  If so, can you save (using the
>Save button in the top right of the main window) before quitting?
>
>I can not reproduce the problem, so please explain in detail what
>steps you follow to generate the error.
>
>Best,
>
>Nico

>Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support
>A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and
easy
>Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers
>http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

MM error message.txt (422 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: change camera property

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Alex,

> Just trying to set up the stage moves the same direction if I use
> kyboard or mouse to interacte with the stage movement in MM live
> imaging.  currently, it moves toward to the opposite direction if I
> click right-arrow key on key board!

You do not need to save anything to make that work.  After changing
this property in the Device/Property Browser, the stage should start
moving in the desired direction immediately.

If you want this setting to be incorporated in your configuration
file, create a group called "System" and make a preset called
"Startup".  All settings in this Startup group will be applied when
you load the configuration file.

> attached txt is the step I try to use and the error I got.

Regretfully, I can still not reproduce the problem, but I do not think
that it should stop you from making the system work as intended.

Re: change camera property

Tsengming Chou

It seems to work properly, now!

Alex