compatible cameras

James House

We have had no success in trying to get a Jenoptik ProgRes C5 camera to work with MM, despite their having attempted to create a driver (which doesn't work). We are ready to buy another camera if we can be sure it will work. We have Nikon Eclipse 80i microscope with a Ludl BioPrecision three axis stage and wish only to use this equipment to create a database of photographic files from slides of air samples. The files will be obtained through transmission microscopy, high resolution, and ~400/slide. I would like suggestions of cameras used successfully with similar needs. Will any camera work which is IIDC compatible? Is color in the near future for MM? All comments would be appreciated.

Jim House

Re: compatible cameras

Kurt Thorn
We've had good luck with Photometrics cameras.

Kurt

James House wrote:

> We have had no success in trying to get a Jenoptik ProgRes C5 camera
> to work with MM, despite their having attempted to create a driver
> (which doesn't work). We are ready to buy another camera if we can be
> sure it will work. We have Nikon Eclipse 80i microscope with a Ludl
> BioPrecision three axis stage and wish only to use this equipment to
> create a database of photographic files from slides of air samples.
> The files will be obtained through transmission microscopy, high
> resolution, and ~400/slide. I would like suggestions of cameras used
> successfully with similar needs. Will any camera work which is IIDC
> compatible? Is color in the near future for MM? All comments would be
> appreciated.
>

> Jim House

Re: compatible cameras (color)

Hoover, Karl
Hi Jim,

In answer to your query about color camera support, there is now limited support for some color (24 bit) cameras. Live and snap work, but multi-dimensional acquisition does not. In the near future we will be adding support for color multi-D acquisition and for larger bit depth images, too. This work currently is currently being planned.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

We have had no success in trying to get a Jenoptik ProgRes C5 camera to work with MM, despite their having attempted to create a driver (which doesn't work). We are ready to buy another camera if we can be sure it will work. We have Nikon Eclipse 80i microscope with a Ludl BioPrecision three axis stage and wish only to use this equipment to create a database of photographic files from slides of air samples. The files will be obtained through transmission microscopy, high resolution, and ~400/slide. I would like suggestions of cameras used successfully with similar needs. Will any camera work which is IIDC compatible? Is color in the near future for MM? All comments would be appreciated.

Jim House
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>