compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

ericasti
Hello,

I am in the process of buying a camera, and want to keep compatibility with micro-manager.
Does anyone know if the sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000 GTC is supported device in Micro-Manager?

As a note, there is an interface: Camera Link.

Thanks in advance,
Erica Castillo

Re: compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

Florian Fahrbach
Hi Erica,

I recently tried it with the USB version of the DFC9000 and it worked well.

Cheers,
Florian

Re: compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

ericasti
thank you!

out of curiosity, in your experience, by having the interface be a camera link vs ubs, do you expect any differences with micro-manager working smoothly?

USB will generally run slower than CL because of the limited bandwidth but I do not expect any inconvenience otherwise (but I cannot guarantee). Streaming the huge amounts of data the camera produces to the PC is always very demanding to the hardware so you should make sure that there are no unknown processes in the background taking away or blocking resources.
For me the choice is between the convenience of USB against the best possible performance in terms of framerate of CL.

Re: compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

ericasti
Thanks Florian , I'll keep in mind.

Cheers,
Erica

Re: compatible device? - sCMOS camera Leica DFC9000

Adub
Hi Florian,

Could you please tell us how you get the DFC9000 GT to run under
Micromanager ? We work under Windows 10 with Micromanager 1.4.22 and we
cannot connect the camera through BaumerOptronic in the Hardware configuration wizard.

Many thanks in advance,

Aurelien