compiling for osx 10.4

Johan Henriksson-2
are there any up to date instructions? I still find it impossible to
compile on 10.4 but doable on 10.6 using macports; but the binary won't
run on 10.4

/Johan

Re: compiling for osx 10.4

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Johan,

> are there any up to date instructions? I still find it impossible to
> compile on 10.4 but doable on 10.6 using macports; but the binary
> won't
> run on 10.4

No up to date instructions, but we are currently building using the
following buildscripts (resulting in builds usable on 10.4-10.6 on
ppc, i386 and x86_64):

https://valelab.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/branches/micromanager1.3/MacInstaller/buildMMMac.sh

You will need to build boost, libdc1394 and libusb cross-platform.  If
you need details, I can look into it when I get back in a week or so.

Never used Macports and can't give you much advice.  I find it much
easier to build from source on the Mac.