configuration preset windows blank

Berangere Deleglise
Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with the new version 1.3.40 which controls
our zeiss axio observer. Whenever I create a group (eg filter set) and
try to configure this group to create different configuration (eg
FITC...); when I try to recall this configurations from the drop
list,although the filters are changed properly, the window appears
blank.Then when I try to edit the configuration the following error
message appears: "to edit a preset please select the preset first then
press edit".

We already experience that problem (blank window) with the previous
version but we could still edit the configuration.

Does anyone knows why the configuration's window is unstable?

Attached the core log

Thanks for your help

DELEGLISE Bérangère

CoreLog debug.txt (179K) Download Attachment

Re: configuration preset windows blank

> I am experiencing a problem with the new version 1.3.40 which
> controls our zeiss axio observer. Whenever I create a group (eg
> filter set) and try to configure this group to create different
> configuration (eg FITC...); when I try to recall this configurations
> from the drop list,although the filters are changed properly, the
> window appears blank.Then when I try to edit the configuration the
> following error message appears: "to edit a preset please select the
> preset first then press edit".

This can be caused by one of the properties in the preset not exactly
matching the value it was set too.  This happens most often with
something like Halogen Lamp intensity, where setting it to a value
results in a similar, but not identical value reported by the
hardware.  It is very difficult for us to create different behavior.
The best solution is to avoid such properties (in general, everything
with a slider, but also other properties in which you can set a number
with decimals) in a preset group.  Rather, make an individual group
for each of these.

> We already experience that problem (blank window) with the previous
> version but we could still edit the configuration.

We'll see if we can re-create that behavior.  However, you can still
edit the configuration file directly (with a text editor like notepad
on Windows) to take out the problematic properties.

In this case, it would have been more helpful to see the configuration
file.  If you send it I can possibly give you some advice on how to
organize it differently.

It is best to keep the configuration as simple as possible.  I have
seen many instances where people put way more properties than
necessary in the preset groups, leading to more than necessary
communication with the hardware (and accompanying delays) as well as
issues like you describe.