control en-coded stage on Ti

Tsengming Chou
we have a Nikon En-coded stage (Ti-SH-U) on Ti scope interfaced with
MM.  See attached configuration file.

I have one of the obj calibrated, but the stage control still failed
when I try to use this calibrated obj on imaging the test sample.

when I try to move the satge in MM using the keyboard control, I got
the following message:

Please Provide pixel size calibration data before using this function.

but the obj already been calibrated!

how to over come this problem?

Alex

MMConfig_Ti.cfg (7K) Download Attachment

Re: control en-coded stage on Ti

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
HI Alex,

> I have one of the obj calibrated, but the stage control still failed
> when I try to use this calibrated obj on imaging the test sample.
>
> when I try to move the satge in MM using the keyboard control, I got
> the following message:
>
> Please Provide pixel size calibration data before using this function.
>
> but the obj already been calibrated!

I am not sure how you set up your pixel size calibration, but your config file shows the following:

# PixelSize settings
# Resolution preset: S Plan Fluor 40X
ConfigPixelSize,S Plan Fluor 40X,TINosePiece,Label,3-SPlanFLuor  40x na 0.60
PixelSize_um,S Plan Fluor 40X,0.15
ConfigPixelSize,S Plan Fluor 40X,TINosePiece,State,2
PixelSize_um,S Plan Fluor 40X,0.15
ConfigPixelSize,S Plan Fluor 40X,Core,Camera,pixelfly
PixelSize_um,S Plan Fluor 40X,0.15
ConfigPixelSize,S Plan Fluor 40X,Core,Initialize,1
PixelSize_um,S Plan Fluor 40X,0.15
ConfigPixelSize,S Plan Fluor 40X,Core,XYStage,TIXYDrive
PixelSize_um,S Plan Fluor 40X,0.15

You have way too many properties in this pixel size calibration, and the current state of the system likely does not match this pixel size calibration, thus your receive an error message to that effect.  Simplify your pixel size calibration to only those properties that actually affect your pixel size (in your case, only the objective).  B.t.w., be aware that Nikon forgot to encode the tubelens switcher.  Whenever you move that dial (either on 1x or 1.5x), your pixel size will change without the software knowing about it.