Quantcast

driver for Velleman K8055N

Gerry

Hi,

I have been able to use the Velleman K8055 board with Micro-Manager but this is no longer available from the manufacturer and has been replaced by the K8055N board.

I have not been able to get the K8055N board running as the K8055_libUSB.inf driver will not work. Is there a new driver file coming or is there some way to get around this?

Thanks for any help,

Gerry

Best regards

Gerard Whoriskey

Technical Manager

Email:  [hidden email]

Tel:  +44 1264 323040

Fax: +44 1264 723897

www.coolled.com

SEE US AT EMC 2012 – MANCHESTER 17-21/9/12

STAND 616

Address: CoolLED Limited, Westmarch Business Centre, River Way, Andover, SP10 1NS, UK

This message has been scanned by MailController.

This message and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, in whole or in part, is prohibited. E-mails are subject to possible alteration. Custom Interconnect Ltd and the sender decline any liability if this message and/or any attachments have been altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender immediately.

CoolLED Ltd is a limited company registered in England. Registered number: 7654232. Registered office: 3 Westmarch Business Centre, River Way, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 1NS.

Re: driver for Velleman K8055N

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Gerry,

> I have been able to use the Velleman K8055 board with Micro-Manager but this is no longer available from the manufacturer and has been replaced by the K8055N board.
> I have not been able to get the K8055N board running as the K8055_libUSB.inf driver will not work. Is there a new driver file coming or is there some way to get around this?

libusb-win32 comes with tools to make the appropriate driver on windows.  You can only make the driver if you have the device.  Once you make the driver, USBManager has to know about the device too.  You will need to confirm the vendor ID (Velleman has 0x10cf) and device ID (libusb may have tools to show this or you may be able to see this in your Windows Device manager).  Once you have these, you can email them to me and I can add them to the USBManager code.  However, all of this will only be useful if Velleman kept the interface protocol the same.  I have no idea whether or not this is the case.