easy troubleshooting in matlab

jony5
Dear Mailing list,a few questions:

1. to use a function from the CPluginManager class (for example
GetDeviceLabel()) do I need to make a  CPluginManager object ? (hope
this isnt a very very stupid question)

2. when i try to get loaded devices while in matlab
("mmc.getLoadedDevices()")
I get this answer
"ans = mmcorej.StrVector@106b188"
Can someone explain this, and how i can see the answer I am interested in?

3. also, what is the best way (or any way) to get a devices label? (in
the CPluginManager there is the function: GetDeviceLabel
<http://www.micro-manager.org/content/doc/mmcore_api/html/class_c_plugin_manager.html#9fe8257dd2a1121584eafc241e2bf253>
) .

THANKS, YOU PEOPLE ROCK,

JD

Re: easy troubleshooting in matlab

Arthur D. Edelstein
Hi JD,

> 1. to use a function from the CPluginManager class (for example
> GetDeviceLabel()) do I need to make a  CPluginManager object ? (hope
> this isnt a very very stupid question)

Our intention is that CMMCore should have everything you need. Please
let us know if there is something missing.
http://www.micro-manager.org/content/doc/mmcore_api/html/class_c_m_m_core.html

Instead of GetDeviceLabel, just use mmc.getLoadedDevices(). See #2.

> 2. when i try to get loaded devices while in matlab
> ("mmc.getLoadedDevices()")
> I get this answer
> "ans = mmcorej.StrVector@106b188"
> Can someone explain this, and how i can see the answer I am interested in?

You can get the elements using StrVector.get(i) where 0<i<StrVector.size()

> 3. also, what is the best way (or any way) to get a devices label? (in
> the CPluginManager there is the function: GetDeviceLabel
> <http://www.micro-manager.org/content/doc/mmcore_api/html/class_c_plugin_manager.html#9fe8257dd2a1121584eafc241e2bf253>

mmc.getLoadedDevices() returns device labels. See #2 :).

Best regards,
Arthur