error while trying to add Prior XY stage

error while trying to add Prior XY stage

Tsengming Chou
see attached log file.  got error while trying to add Prior XY stage.
Any suggestion to resolve this issue?

devices to use:

Nikon E-1000
Prior Opti Scan
Trend USB to Serial converter

thanks,

Alex

CoreLog.txt (11K) Download Attachment

Re: error while trying to add Prior XY stage

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Alex,

see attached log file.  got error while trying to add Prior XY stage.
Any suggestion to resolve this issue?

devices to use:

Nikon E-1000
Prior Opti Scan

Thanks for sending the CoreLog, it nicely shows what is going on.  The OptiScan controller (unlike the ProScan controller) does not know the "SCS" command.  Our code bails out because the controller does not know that command.  I now added checks into the code that will avoid this problem.  Try tonights nightly build ( http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/  - it will be available at about 8 pm our time) and let us know if it fixes the problem.