Quantcast

getLastimage explanation

aniri
I am using the function getLastimage function in my GUI so that I can record images from a Photometrics camera. My question is when using this type of function, is the frequency of acquiring data constant?

Thank you in advance.

Re: getLastimage explanation

Kyle Douglass
Hello Ahmed,

On 05/19/2017 05:59 PM, aniri wrote:
> I am using the function getLastimage function in my GUI so that I can record
> images from a Photometrics camera. My question is when using this type of
> function, is the frequency of acquiring data constant?

As far as I know, the code that forms getLastImage does not inherently
do anything with regards to timing; it simply returns the most recent
image that was inserted into MM's circular buffer. The method that calls
getLastImage is what determines when the code is actually executed.

Based on my own experience, the frequency at which getLastImage is
called cannot reliably be controlled within Micro-Manager. As a rule of
thumb, applications that require precise timing should usually be
implemented with hardware controllers. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_operating_system for some of the
basic ideas as to why this is so.

Cheers,
Kyle