getting error 22 when adding Thorlabs filter wheel

getting error 22 when adding Thorlabs filter wheel

Jacob Hale
Hello,

I am new to Micro-Manager (and frankly, I'm new to interfacing with hardware).
I am trying to use Micro-Manager to control a Thorlabs filter wheel and Newport
shutter controllers.  In the Hardware Configuration Wizard, the Thorlabs filter
wheel is in the adapter library so I simply added it.  When I went to step 4
nothing shows up (and the instructions say if the list is clear I can proceed to
the next step).  When I proceed I get an error:

Error 22:Thorlabs Filter Wheel:Duplicate property names are not allowed.

Thinking it was a dll file for an older wheel I loaded the dll file for our
wheel into the Micro-Manager folder where all the other dll files were and named
it differently.  This new hardware device doesn't show up in the library in the
dialogue box even after restarting the program and the computer.

As a novice, I realize the answer is probably apparent but any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: getting error 22 when adding Thorlabs filter wheel

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Jacob,

> I am new to Micro-Manager (and frankly, I'm new to interfacing with
> hardware).
> I am trying to use Micro-Manager to control a Thorlabs filter wheel
> and Newport
> shutter controllers.

  Brian Ashcroft wrote the code for the Thorlabs Filter Wheel.  I
don't think Newport shutters are supported (unless they have a TTL
interface).

> In the Hardware Configuration Wizard, the Thorlabs filter
> wheel is in the adapter library so I simply added it.  When I went
> to step 4
> nothing shows up (and the instructions say if the list is clear I
> can proceed to
> the next step).  When I proceed I get an error:
>
> Error 22:Thorlabs Filter Wheel:Duplicate property names are not
> allowed.

I get the same error here.  I worked a bit on the code, and now have
it running on my end.  I do not have a wheel to test it with though.
You are welcome to try it out and let me know the results.  Download
the file from:

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/mmgr_dal_ThorlabsFilterWheel.dll

and save it in your Micro-Manager directory.  Re-run the hardware
configuration wizard.  It should now ask you to select a serial port
in step 4, and should no throw an error during the hardware
configuration wizard.