hamamatsu c9100-12?

Jonathan Tomshine
I am completely new to Micro Manager and am attempting to use it to
control a Hamamatsu c9100-12 CCD camera (through an Active Silicon
"Phoenix" Camera Link card) that I ran across in lab.  After
installing Micro Manager 1.3, freshly-downloaded from the website, I
attempted to use the configuration file provided on the Micro Manager
Wiki site:

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/Hamamatsu

This failed and produced the following error:

http://www.jshine.net/plogger/images/misc/luciferase_assay/capture_09172009_115057.PNG

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated, as I have zero
experience with this software.

Jonathan Tomshine, PhD
University of California, San Francisco
Genentech Hall
600 16th St.
San Francisco, CA 94158-2140

Re: hamamatsu c9100-12?

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Hi Jonathan,

> I am completely new to Micro Manager and am attempting to use it to
> control a Hamamatsu c9100-12 CCD camera (through an Active Silicon
> "Phoenix" Camera Link card) that I ran across in lab.  After
> installing Micro Manager 1.3, freshly-downloaded from the website, I
> attempted to use the configuration file provided on the Micro Manager
> Wiki site:
>
> http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/Hamamatsu
>
> This failed and produced the following error:
>
> http://www.jshine.net/plogger/images/misc/luciferase_assay/capture_09172009_115057.PNG

It looks like the DCAM driver is not installed.  If this is true,
please download, install and test with Excap as explained in the
wiki.  If it is installed, please try using the Hardware Configuration
Wizard (under the Tools menu) to make your own configuration file.  If
all fails, come see me on the third floor.

Re: hamamatsu c9100-12?

Jonathan Tomshine
Thanks Nico, that seems to have been the problem & the camera now
works perfectly.  Apparently I should read the documentation a bit
more thoroughly!

-Jon