help with Euromex camera

NataliaSchiefer

Hallo!

We have bought Microscope and Camera from Euromex and I want to use Micro-manager instead of custom Programm ImageFocus4.

This is the link to Camera:

http://www.zetalab.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PRODUCT_DATA_SHEET_ccd_cooled_camera_EN-it.pdf

Euromex 5 Mpix camera

CCD cooled color

DC.5000i

I could not bring micro-manager to see our camera, I tried to copy drivers to Micro-manager folder, but it does not help. Does anyone have experience with Euromex? Thank you guys very much!

Re: help with Euromex camera

Kyle Douglass

Hi Natalia,

(My apologies; my earlier e-mail went only to you and not the list.)

On 01/29/2018 08:20 AM, Schiefermeier-Mach Natalia,Dr. wrote:

I could not bring micro-manager to see our camera, I tried to copy drivers to Micro-manager folder, but it does not help. Does anyone have experience with Euromex? Thank you guys very much!

I do not have any experience with Euromex cameras, but it sounds like you are missing a device adapter. (I am assuming the driver that you copied is the manufacturer's driver and is not a Micro-Manager-specific device adapter.)  Micro-Manager needs a device adapter specific to your camera in addition to the manufacturer's driver to communicate with it.

I checked the following lists of device adapters and don't see Euromex cameras on either:

1. https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Device_Support
2. https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/tree/master/DeviceAdapters

This means you will likely need to write your own device adapter to use it within Micro-Manager (unless someone else on the list has already made one and is willing to share). You can find information on how to do this here: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Building_Micro-Manager_Device_Adapters

I also have some skeleton code that I can give you which creates a minimal device adapter with a single switchable property; this would help speed up your device adapter development. Please feel free to e-mail me if you want this skeleton code.

Cheers,
Kyle
--
Kyle M. Douglass, PhD