inquiry about acquiring images of constant fps

inquiry about acquiring images of constant fps

cmdkdl2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: inquiry about acquiring images of constant fps

Sam Lord
Hi Yoonseop,

cmdkdl2 wrote
> However, the fps is not constant when I try to acquire stack images(tiff).
> Could you give me some advices for the constant acquisition? (e.g. spool
> mode)

What are you using to determine that FPS is not constant? Do you look at the
actual timestamps or just the "FPS" on the display? The display rate will
not necessarily be constant and may not match the true frame rate of the
acquisition. It depends on the camera and triggering mode you use, but most
scientific cameras should be capable of running at a constant frame rate in
"Live" mode. I would rely on the timestamps of each frame in the metadata
(but for some cameras that's the time it was written to disk, not the time
actually acquired, so that may even show some jitter.) You may even want to
consider connecting the camera TTL output to an oscilloscope to confirm the
true frame rate.

Those are just some of my thoughts maybe someone with more detailed
understanding of your camera can help more.

Sam