ludl focus motor - error code : 22

Abbas Shirinifard
Dear Niko,

We recently bought ludl xy-stage with a focus motor (focus motor does not have a linear encoder.) and MAC6000 controller. .I can use xy-list to read the xy-position of  the XY-stage and move it to marked positions. I tried to configure focus  motor using ludl SingleAxisStage driver, but the z value is stuck at 82345462micron and everytime I want to move to a mark position MM throws "error code : 22, error code -2 (ffffffffex)".  I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.

Thanks,
Abbas

Re: ludl focus motor - error code : 22

Nico Stuurman-4
Hi Abbas,

> We recently bought ludl xy-stage with a focus motor (focus motor
> does not have a linear encoder.) and MAC6000 controller. .I can use
> xy-list to read the xy-position of  the XY-stage and move it to
> marked positions. I tried to configure focus  motor using ludl
> SingleAxisStage driver, but the z value is stuck at 82345462micron
> and everytime I want to move to a mark position MM throws "error
> code : 22, error code -2 (ffffffffex)".  I would greatly appreciate
> it if you could help me with this problem.

We have never seen the MAC6000 controller, so I am happy that the XY
stage works for you without problems.  I believe that the MAC6000
emulates the MAC5000, but apparently, there are some (likely subtle)
differences.  Send me (off-list) a copy of your Corelog.txt and
configuration file as described in the FAQ ( http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/MMwiki/index.php/Micro-Manager_FAQ#Something_does_not_work.__What_do_I_do.3F
  ), and I'll see if there is anything in there that suggests a quick
fix.