metadata in MM2

MonikaP
In Micromanager 2 the metadata is not saved in separate text files anymore.
It shows in the "Image inspector" window under the histogram when the image
is open. I am looking for a simple way to export this metadata to a text
file, either all of it or preferably selected parts (I need information
about slices and stage positions for stitching of tiles).

Re: metadata in MM2

Kyle Douglass
Hi Monika,

> In Micromanager 2 the metadata is not saved in separate text files anymore.

I think that you may be mistaken. I can personally confirm that a
metadata.txt file with the relevant JSON metadata is generated with both
snapped images and image stacks created with the Multi-D Acquisition
window, as well as Multi-D Acquisitions that were initiated in a
Beanshell script.

If you're using the Multi-D Acuqisition window, try selecting Tools >
Options... from the Micro-Manager menu bar and check the box that says
"Create metadata.txt file with Image Stack Files."

Are you by chance performing your acquisitions by Beanshell scripts? If
my memory serves me correctly, you might need to perform some manual
operations on the datastore to ensure the metadata is properly appended.
Write back with a snippet from your script if this is the case and we'll
try to see what the problem is.

Cheers,
Kyle

--