script for starting acquisition in mm2

MonikaP
I have a script for running acquisition for mm1.4 that uses the commands: openAcquisition and snapAndAddImage. However, in mm2 API things are completely different, as I found out from the "API transition guide". The manual for the API is a bit too brief for me to understand how to write a new script from scratch. Has anybody made a script for mm2 that they could share and I could use as a starting point?

(so far I only managed to create position list with a script that I uploaded here https://github.com/pawlowska/micro-manager-scripts/blob/master/mm2_PositionListXY.bsh)