shutter between transmitted light and condenser in Zeiss Observer Z1

shutter between transmitted light and condenser in Zeiss Observer Z1

zhoulab2017
Dear uManager community,

   Does anyone know whether we can control the shutter (or motorized mirror?) between the transmitted light lamp and the condenser in Observer Z1?

When using AIM software, there is a toggle switch between VIS and LSM (fig1), which changes the light path to the left Sideport to LSM (fig2). This toggle switch also blocks the transmitted light from illuminating the sample without turning OFF the transmitted light lamp. However, when we change the light path to the right Sideport (fig2) to EMCCD camera for wide field imaging using microManager, the transmitted light is not blocked and we have to manually turn off the transmitted light lamp. From these observation, I believe there is a shutter/mirror between the lamp and the condenser (fig3) that blocks the light when switching to LSM. It will be great if we can get the control on the shutter/mirror as the VIS/LSM toggle in micromanager. Pls advise if you know which setting in micromanager is for that shutter/mirror?

Thanks so much~!
Kai
Buck Institute

image.png