sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

Karl Bellve-3
Has anyone designed a sma or smb or bnc arduino shield for µManager?

If it doesn't exist, I am thinking of making a smb shield using the Analog pins 0-5. Digital Pins 8-13, and Digital pin 2, which is what µManager uses, and pass through 3,4,5....

Maybe put a spot for a TLV5618A...


Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

AustinBlanco
I’d be game to strip the DAC stuff down off the triggerscope to make a simple shield. 
Maybe using a 3d printed case. Think there is interest? 


Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co
c. 510.708.2995





On Nov 22, 2019, at 12:27 PM, Karl Bellve <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has anyone designed a sma or smb or bnc arduino shield for µManager?

If it doesn't exist, I am thinking of making a smb shield using the Analog pins 0-5. Digital Pins 8-13, and Digital pin 2, which is what µManager uses, and pass through 3,4,5....

Maybe put a spot for a TLV5618A...


Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general



_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

Karl Bellve-3


On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d be game to strip the DAC stuff down off the triggerscope to make a simple shield. 
Maybe using a 3d printed case. Think there is interest? 


Austin Blanco

I don't want to create work for you but I think this should exist for simple microscope projects that need to use simple TTL signals to drive shutters/lasers. I have two projects at the moment that could use it.

I was thinking of making a shield as a lid to a 3D printed case, or maybe an Arduino case that already exists. I made bnc lid for the ITC18 a few years back and it has worked well: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/q1J6vZti



Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

AustinBlanco
Just revisiting this. 

Any preference of Arduino device? I’ve been considering the newest Teensy 4.0 for this as it’s unbelievably fast.

I can cook up an SMA connector shield for this.


Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co






On Nov 22, 2019, at 12:45 PM, Karl Bellve <[hidden email]> wrote:



On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d be game to strip the DAC stuff down off the triggerscope to make a simple shield. 
Maybe using a 3d printed case. Think there is interest? 


Austin Blanco

I don't want to create work for you but I think this should exist for simple microscope projects that need to use simple TTL signals to drive shutters/lasers. I have two projects at the moment that could use it.

I was thinking of making a shield as a lid to a 3D printed case, or maybe an Arduino case that already exists. I made bnc lid for the ITC18 a few years back and it has worked well: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/q1J6vZti



Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general



_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

Karl Bellve-3


On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 1:03 PM Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just revisiting this. 

Any preference of Arduino device? I’ve been considering the newest Teensy 4.0 for this as it’s unbelievably fast.

I can cook up an SMA connector shield for this.


That is fast. To me it is a question of size and form factor. There could be up to 16 BNC, SMA or SMB connectors on the shield plus space for the dual DAC TI 5618 chip + plus capacitors/resistors.

I am thinking of using SMB since they would be easier to package into a smaller form factor. Skyra laser that I am working with uses SMB. The smaller the PCB, the cheaper it will be to make.

Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori  


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

Ti_Sapph
The driver for the NicoLase is close to what you're asking for.  It's an Arduino Uno BNC shield that can be used to drive up to 8 TTL-triggered devices (10 if you don't mind mucking around with firmware).  Can be run in MicroManager as a serial shutter or filter wheel.  PCB is ~$26 for Qty 3 from OSH Park and another $10-20 in parts to populate. 

Working on a 8 x DAC shield that will stack with the BNC board.  Something I might get finished in the next couple of months.

Rusty 

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 6:36 AM Karl Bellve <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 1:03 PM Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just revisiting this. 

Any preference of Arduino device? I’ve been considering the newest Teensy 4.0 for this as it’s unbelievably fast.

I can cook up an SMA connector shield for this.


That is fast. To me it is a question of size and form factor. There could be up to 16 BNC, SMA or SMB connectors on the shield plus space for the dual DAC TI 5618 chip + plus capacitors/resistors.

I am thinking of using SMB since they would be easier to package into a smaller form factor. Skyra laser that I am working with uses SMB. The smaller the PCB, the cheaper it will be to make.

Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori  
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sma/smb/bnc arduino shield for Micromanager?

Karl Bellve-3



On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 2:38 AM Rusty Nicovich <[hidden email]> wrote:
The driver for the NicoLase is close to what you're asking for.  It's an Arduino Uno BNC shield that can be used to drive up to 8 TTL-triggered devices (10 if you don't mind mucking around with firmware).  Can be run in MicroManager as a serial shutter or filter wheel.  PCB is ~$26 for Qty 3 from OSH Park and another $10-20 in parts to populate. 

Working on a 8 x DAC shield that will stack with the BNC board.  Something I might get finished in the next couple of months.


Rusty, 

NicoLaser is indeed close enough! You even have a BOM.  Think about using Instrumentation Op Amps + Sallen Key low pass filter into your DAC shield. 

74HC4050D appears to be EOL at mouser but 74HC4050D,652 is available. I think everything else is easy.

Much appreciated!


Haere rā,

Karl Bellvé

Haere rā means Goodbye or Farewell in Māori


_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general