Quantcast

stage position file - how to populate

denchy1
Hi

I have an asi 2000 imaging stage that I usually control using labview. I would like to move the stage using the multi-dimensional acquisition window. Although there seems to be no good way to enter the points of a large grid. I would like to import a file of points but how do I create such a file (position list file)?

Cheers,

Jon

Re: stage position file - how to populate

Nico Stuurman-2

On 3/14/17 9:49 AM, denchy1 wrote:
> I have an asi 2000 imaging stage that I usually control using labview. I
> would like to move the stage using the multi-dimensional acquisition window.
> Although there seems to be no good way to enter the points of a large grid.

Two ways to create a grid:
1. Click the "Create Grid" button in the bottom right of the Stage
Position List window, and either set 2 or more corners of your grid, or
use the Center Here button.
2. Use the HCS Site Generator for more complicated geometries.
> I would like to import a file of points but how do I create such a file
> (position list file)?

Use the Save As button and look at the contents of the output file.
Looks like JSON, so prepare a similar looking file in your software
environment of choice using a JSON library to generate a similar looking
file.

Or, generate a positionlist using the build-in Script Panel.  An example
script (for MM 2.0) can be found here:
https://github.com/micro-manager/micro-manager/blob/mm2/scripts/makePositionListGrid.bsh.

Re: stage position file - how to populate

denchy1
Hi Nico,

Thanks for your quick reply. The create grid option looks perfect. However it is grayed out. Is there something I need to do first?

Cheers,

Jon

On 3/14/17 10:28 AM, denchy1 wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply. The create grid option looks perfect. However
> it is grayed out. Is there something I need to do first?

Make sure that there actually is a stage in your system (easiest way to
do so is to use the Demo Configuration).  There should be an ares in the
bottom of the Stage Position List showing the stages that you have in
your system.  When all the "Use" checkboxes are unchecked, the "Create
Grid" option will be greyed out (since no stages would be used).  Check
the box next to the stage that you want to be included in the Position
List, and the "Create Grid" button will become active.