Quantcast

startSequenceAcquisition with external trigger

startSequenceAcquisition with external trigger

Andrew Horsley
I need to perform a sequence acquisition with the camera in external trigger mode (one trigger per frame). Using startSequenceAcquisition() sets the camera to internal trigger though. Is there some way to override this, or some equivalent command that I can use? Note that I'm taking images at 1000fps, so snapImage() is not an option

thanks, Andrew

Dr. Andrew Horsley
Universität Basel, Departement Physik
Klingelbergstrasse 82 (2.14a), 4056 Basel
+41 (61) 207 36 98

Re: startSequenceAcquisition with external trigger

Mark Tsuchida-3
Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 4:13 AM, Andrew Horsley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to perform a sequence acquisition with the camera in external trigger mode (one trigger per frame). Using startSequenceAcquisition() sets the camera to internal trigger though. Is there some way to override this, or some equivalent command that I can use? Note that I'm taking images at 1000fps, so snapImage() is not an option

That shouldn't be the case -- the camera should stay in external trigger mode. Can you let me know the Micro-Manager version and camera type?

Best,
Mark

Re: startSequenceAcquisition with external trigger

Andrew Horsley
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. It turns out the problem was with the camera trigger mode documentation (or lack thereof). I saw some posts from a few years ago mentioning that startSequenceAcquisition set the camera to internal trigger. If this was the case in earlier MM versions, it isn't any more, and I've got everything working smoothly now.

thanks very much - andrew