z-offset in multiD aquisition

Rong

Hi everyone,

I’m using MM1.4 on an Olympus IX81 with a motorized stage and would like to compensate for a difference in focus between brightfield and fluorescence images at multiple positions using Multi-D. Acquisition. I tried to add/subtract in the “z-offset field” of the “channels” selection area. I arrived a number to subtract by marking two locations that were identical in x/y position, but at different focal planes and subtracting/adding the z-coordinates (numbers were around 6000). I did not see that there was a change in focus in the two pictures.

What kind of value is expected in this field, microns? Absolute stepper units? Other?

Grateful in advance for help,

-Ron

Ron Goldstein

Bar-Ilan University